Updated: Mar 12
I love to try new recipes and combine ingredients to create a new flavor. These delicious madelines came out when my french baking skill meets my Persian flavors!
Rosewater, pistachio madeleines are insanely delicious and satisfying. It is also perfect for your special guests and parties.
Madeleines are buttery sponge-cakes from French origin. They are baked in a special pan, called a madeleine pan.
1 cup All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1/4 cup Unsalted Pistachios 1/2 tsp Baking Powder 1/8 tsp Salt 2 Large Eggs 1/2 cup White Sugar 1/2 tsp Vanilla 1/2 tsp Rosewater 1/4 tsp Almond Extract 1/2 cup Melted White Chocolate, for dipping Crushed Pistachios & some roses for the garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare 2 madeleine pans by brushing them well with cooking spray. 2. Add pistachios and flour to a food processor and pulse until the pistachios are well-ground and fine in texture , don’t over process.
3. Add baking powder and salt to the flour mixture, then whisk to combine. Set aside.
4. Melt the butter in microwave.
5. Beat the eggs and sugar together on high speed for at least 8 minutes. The mixture will be thick.
6. Add vanilla, rosewater, and almond extract, mix until just combined.
7. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer, then add the dry ingredients to the bowl. Lightly whisk the dry ingredients into the batter, only mixing until just combined.
8. Cover the batter and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Try not to chill any longer than this as the butter in the batter will begin to solidify.
9. lightly brush the pan with melted butter. Greasing the pan is necessary.
10. Spoon 1 generous Tablespoon of batter into the center of each scalloped well. No need to spread it to the edges.
11. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Invert the pan onto the counter. Transfer the warm madeleines to a wire rack to lightly cool.
12. When cooled, dip each madeleine into the melted white chocolate and decorate with crushed pistachios & some roses if you have.